Discover our mainland and islands, find joy from tourist attractions, enjoy empty beaches and magical forests. Here’s a list of some of the beautiful must-see places in Estonia that we recommend adding to your trip!
1. VISIT THE ISLANDS
This recommendation has to be in the first place because our islands are definitely worth visiting - they offer so much! Just a short 25min ferry drive takes you to our largest island Saaremaa and a 1h15m ferry drive to Hiiumaa, the second largest.
Saaremaa - more touristy, gorgeous (old) town Kuressaare. When in Saaremaa, visit Kuressaare castle, Kaali meteorite crater, Panga pank and Muhu island.
Hiiumaa - more quieter, less tourist attractions, but beautiful nature. Go there if you want to fully relax. Visit different lighthouses, go surfing in Kalana, enjoy greenery and peace.
Find ferry tickets here.
2. THE NORTH COAST AND THE CAPITAL
- Spend a day in Tallinn discovering the old town, have lunch in Telliskivi Loomelinnak, walk through the park of Kadriorg and enjoy a drink in Noblessner’s cozy harbor
- Paldiski awaits with its limestone cliff, gorgeous views to the Baltic Sea (many wild camping spots too, see in Park4Night app)
- Rummu Quarry - visit an underwater prison!
- Pärnu - Estonia’s summer capital and the long beach perfect for surfing and just chilling. When in Pärnu - visit the town and enjoy the fun night-life too!
- Nõva and Noarootsi peninsula - untouched nature, sandy beaches, pine tree forests and more.. Many great RMK camping places in the wild (see RMK Loodusega koos app)
3. GO SOUTH
Southern Estonia greets you with “hills” and valleys, adorable villages and a national park called Karula. The city of Tartu invites you to discover its beautiful old town. Otepää and Viljandi greet you with fun camping spots near the lakes. From the south you can move on to the Peipsi area..
4. THE WESTERN COAST OF LAKE PEIPUS
Go on an adventure to the onion route! That’s right - the coast of lake Peipus and its adorable villages are mainly known for the onions. Make sure to visit a local cafe and try a homemade onion dish! Sleep next to the lake, go fishing, rent a boat, learn about the culture - it’s a colorful trip!
Find a complete guide of where to go in Estonia here -VISIT ESTONIA TRAVEL GUIDE